Become A Member
Illustratörcentrum widens the job market for illustrators, graphic designers, animators, comic artist and works to mediate commissions for our members.
As a member, you’ll be part of a wide network of professional freelancing artists with the opportunity to connect and exchange experiences. Each year, we host many inspiring courses and workshops across Sweden.
As a member, you will access:
- A portfolio page via illustratorcentrum.se (receives around 70 000 unique visitors every year)
- The opportunity to contribute to the catalogue Swedish Illustrators & Graphic Designers (distibuted to over 2 700 clients every year)
- Courses, seminars and workshops
- Direct assignments of school workshops via konstdepartementet.se
- Industry events and fairs
Membership costs SEK 500 /year. As a member of Svenska Tecknare, your annual fee is SEK 300.
Every application is individually assessed by an admissions administrator four times per year. The assessment is done based on samples of your work and should prove that you are a professional in the field of visual communication – illustration, graphic design and/or animation.
Read the requirements below for work samples. Fill in your application, which will be sent digitally along with your work samples.
February • May • September • December
Examples of education that provide automatic qualification
- Beckmans college of design
- Mälardalen University’s programs in information design
- The Graphic Storytelling and Sequential Arts program at the University of Gävle
- Animated film at Stockholm Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Game Assembly
If you have finished a relevant education within the past three years, you will directly qualify as a member of Illustratörcentrum. You can find the entire list of qualifying educations on the website of Arbetsförmedlingen Kultur. For some HVE (Higher Vocational Education), an additional 6+ months of professional experience is required. After completing your studies, apply by submitting a copy of your graduation certificate.
Applying with work samples
The applications are assessed based on your work samples. They should consist of:
- Five published or commissioned works from a minimum of three different clients (private clients or sale of products do not qualify).
- The commissioned work must have been completed within the past three years.
- Provide evidence of adequate payment for each completed commission such as invoices or agreements that clearly state that payment has been agreed upon for each jobs and show that you are the commissioned party.
- Fees should be market prices. Unreasonable fees are not approved.
- Works and commission solely trough employment do not qualify. Projects and short-term employment are assessed individually.
- For direct qualification to apply, submit a copy of your graduation certificate.